Ned Hector & the Battle of the Brandywine

Join the Concord Township Historical Society (CTHS) as we celebrate Black History Awareness Month 2023 by enjoying a presentation from Noah Lewis (aka Ned Hector). See the famous teamster and bombardier come to life as Mr. Lewis shares Ned’s story by using audience participation and laughter.  In the Battle of the Brandywine, Ned disregarded his […]

2022 Member Appreciation Event

Members 2023

On December 4, 2022, approximately 50 Concord Township Historical Society members enjoyed a lovely wine & cheese reception at the Willcox Mansion at Ivy Mills. Ivy Mills is a family owned and operated homestead in rural Pennsylvania. Dating back to 1744 and 1729 Ivy Mills was home to the second oldest paper mill built in […]

Womens Right to Vote – Virginia DeNenno

Virginia Merion DeNenno Ginny developed a passion for our local history, and through the years collected books, photos and other artifacts with a vision of a museum where these could be shared with the public. Ginny was born January 18, 1933 as the fourth generation of Merions who farmed in Concord Township and went to […]

Womens Right to Vote – Rachel Kohl

Rachel Kohl Rachel recognized the need for a community library and set out to make that vision a reality. Born in 1924 in Lewes, Delaware, Rachel graduated from Ocean City High School and Lycoming College where she earned a Library Science degree. In 1950, Rachel and her family moved to Concord Township with a small […]