William E. May and Howard May Houses

The William E. May House (#39) and Howard May House (#40) are twin Victorian homes built c. 1875 and located along Smithbridge Road in Elam Village.
William E. May was a Union Army captain during the American Civil War, and also owned the Drover Tavern from 1864-1868. William E. May purchased the land from Mary Cheney in 1864. Howard May also served in the Union Army, and became a farmer after the war. The Howard May House has a 1920s addition along the back of the home, and was part of the Talley Farm during the 20th century.
The houses feature wonderful Mansard roofs and stucco over stone facades.
These properties are private homes, and not open to the public.
Concord Township Historic Inventory Resource #39 + #40